Thursday, September 6, 2012

app obesssion.tears.spray butter.wardrobe issues.11 weeks.

It has been 7 weeks since we found out about lil Hop. It has been a whirlwind of emotions for me (Matt just has to put up with my crazy hormonal emotions!)  Poor guy.

We told our parents right away, but wanted to wait to tell other family members and close friends until after our first doctors appointment. This was going to be the.hardest.secret.ever. And it was. I hate keeping secrets. I am terrible at it.

I downloaded probably atleast 10 apps on my phone, so I could keep track of everything going on with lil Hop and also with me. I LOVE reading all of the amazing, unbelievable miracles happening in my body each day. I read it over. And over. And yes, over again...it is just truly mind boggling to me and I love it. I get excited each week when lil Hop goes from a grape to an olive to a prune. You are a lime right now :) He or She will be quite the variety of fruits and veggies before it arrives.

Luckily, I feel I have had it pretty good. I haven't really had any morning sickness (and just for the record, it should be called anytime, 24/7 sickness) but I have had just a few moments. Fatigue hit me pretty hard right at the beginning. I could fall asleep just about anytime, anywhere. And I have been a little moody (Matt may disagree and say more than a little), but I can usually tell when a 'special moment' is coming on :).  He has been amazing though. I keep reminding him its only for 9 months, and it's more than worth it. And emotional...bring on the tears, happy or sad, they're there. I cried the other day because I couldn't figure out where to hang up a picture in our new house. Really? Then I cried because I was working on a project for work and the 'silver sparkly spray paint' I bought, was really just sparkly spray paint, with no silver. The lid on the can lied. And I was upset about it.  Like really upset. I'll spare any other pregnancy symptoms, but all in all, I am feelin' good!

I wish I could say I have had some crazy food cravings (this is coming from the girl who ate cottage cheese with pickles before she got pregnant), but nothing too out of the ordinary! I could eat the berry sour patch kids all day, cheese and anything salty. I have a bit of an obsession with spray butter and find myself putting it on just about anything. Hey, it's good. I can eat a whole cantaloupe a day and crave sushi and a ball park hot dog more that EVER, but of course, 2 things I need to stay away from. I have curbed my sushi craving with a few California and Avacado Rolls. But its just..not..the same.  Oh and I also put dijon mustard on almost everything as well...including salads. Thats completely normal.

Getting ready for work is a whole new story. Give me a dress and flats and I am good to go. Dresses are breathable. I may or may not have gone to work with my dress pants unbuttoned a few times. I haven't purchased any maternity clothes yet, however, to humor myself , I decided to give my first pair of maternity pants a shot. What a great laugh I had by myself in the dressing room of Old Navy! Oh gawd. So they felt amazing around the waist...I could get used to this! As I turn to check my cool preggo pants out in the mirror, I almost began rapping "You Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer, because thats exactly who I looked like. Um the bootie and legs definitely did not quite fit. I think I'll wait a few more weeks for my next go around. I can't tell you how happy I am to be pregnant in the fall and winter...first of all, COOL WEATHER! Then we have leggins, boots, big cozy sweaters...ahhh...love.

.11 weeks.


Happy 11 weeks Baby Hop! We're almost done with the first trimester!






1 comment:

  1. I was the same way reading everything over and over and just loving every second! You look great! :)

    ReplyDelete