Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Two Weeks. That's how long we have been in our home. OUR home. Our home buying adventure was definitely quick. And I like that. It seriously stresses me out to apartment search, look for a new car, let alone, a HOUSE. After falling in love with the pictures of the first home we looked at, and actually seeing the house in person (big disappointment...yes, it was nice, but did not feel like home AT ALL), I mentally prepared myself that this was not going to be easy. The home we purchased was the second one we looked at. To tell you the truth, I did not want to even look at this house. Matt and the Realtor assured me it would be worth it. Let me tell ya, the pics of the house online did not do any justice! The minute we walked in, Matt and I both looked at each other with excitement. We knew this was meant to be ours. All of the potential that this adorable home had was rushing through by head..."our couch would look SO good in here"..."We definitely need to paint this room a sage green"..."This would make the perfect baby's room someday!"..."Mr.Sam will love this yard!"..."This chandelier thing has got to go"...we were already talking like it was ours. And it soon was. Well, not that soon. I had NO idea how much paperwork, different parties that are involved, things to sign, etc there were. Oh my gosh. Thank goodness Matt took care of most of it and stayed on top of everything. I swear we had to fax something to somebody everyday for almost a month. But...here we are, home.sweet.home.

Moving day was Tuesday, July 18th. I hate packing. I hate moving. But it had to be done. We were so blessed to have Matt's dad help with the heavy lifting/Uhaul driver and Matt's mom, who cleaned our new home from top to bottom. Such an AMAZING help! It took all day, I mean sun up to sun down, to move everything. And that was just putting things into the Uhaul, driving them to our new home, and taking them out of the Uhaul and placing them in the garage or inside the house somewhere. Needless to say, we slept on our matress on the floor the first night. We never slept better. I'm not gonna lie, I am not a fan of change...I was worried our home wouldn't feel like home, atleast not for awhile. But it felt comfortable. Ours. Home. Even Mr.Sam & Bubs think so.


And I have to brag a bit about my husband, who has completely impressed me with his handyman skills (not that I didn't think he was handy, just not this handy :) ). In just 2 short weeks, he has managed to paint the entire family room, dining room, bedroom, prime the framing, install a new microwave, re stain our dining room table and chairs, watered the new plants...not to mention moving everything heavy to its new room. I know there is much more he's done. It's a lot of work. But oh so worth it.


1 comment: